The content of this training is intended to partially satisfy requirements for both Local Health Department Accreditation and selected Agreement Addenda. See "Credit" section below for more information.
You must register for this conference through Wake AHEC www.wakeahec.org. Payment options are available through Wake AHEC.
- Early Bird Registration: Opens Thursday, March 20, 2013 - Monday, April 15, 2013 - $75.00
- Registration: April 16 - May 16, 2013 - $125.00
Registration includes credit (estimated 15 contact hours), lunch (Day 2) and breaks (Day 1, 2 and 3).
Please note: Due to low registration fee and venue expenses, no refunds will be given. Substitutions are encouraged.
Back to top
Wake AHEC will award credit for each day (no credit will be awarded for the recognition/awards and early morning discussion session). A participant must attend 100% of each day to receive credit for that day. No partial credit will be given for partial days. Credit will be awarded for the pre-workshop separately.
Wake AHEC, Nursing Education, is an Approved Provider of continuing nursing education by the North Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Monday pre-workshop: 2.25 CNE/2.25 Contact hours/.2 CEU
- Monday plenary sessions: 4.25 CNE/4.25 Contact hours/.4 CEU
- Tuesday plenary and breakouts: 5.75 CNE/5.75 Contact hours/ .6 CEU
- Wednesday plenary sessions: 2.75 CNE/ 2.75 Contact hours/ .3 CEU
- Total possible: 15 CNE/ 15 Contact hours/ 1.5 CEU
Back to top
Conference handouts and printer-friendly versions of CD Branch presentations
- Conference Agenda (PDF)
- Map of CD Technical Assistance & Training Consultants (PDF)
- STD Clinic Monitoring Tools
- STD Medical Record Audit (PDF)
- STD ERRN Clinical Assessment (PDF)
- STD Billing & Coding Presentation (PDF)
- Dr. Joy Reed Memo (PDF)
- DHHS 2808 Under Review (PDF)
- Electronic Medical Record Documentation in STD Clinic (PDF)
- The End of AIDS
- Emerging Infections (PDF)
- Surveillance to Practice: Integration of Services (PDF)
- HIV/STD Linkages to Care
- Linkages to Care (PDF)
- Bridge Counselors (PDF)
- The Interaction of Correctional Health and Public Health (PDF)
- Infection Prevention Breaches (PDF)
- Human Risk Assessment in Animal Exposures
- Pharmacy Changes in 340B Drug Purchase Program (PDF)
- Interviewing Sick and Angry People (PDF)
- Public Reporting of Hospital Infections (PDF)
- Generating NC EDSS Data Reports (PDF)
- Vaccine Preventable Diseases
- Pertussis and Other Outbreaks (PDF)
- Transition of VPD Surveillance to CDB: Memo (PDF)
- Social Distancing & Isolation in a Public Health Emergency (PDF)
- Preparedness Handout (PDF)
- Asking for Identification (PDF)
- State of the State in TB Control (PDF)
- Tuberculosis and IRIS (PDF)
- Difficult Cases of Tuberculosis
- Buncombe County Presentation (PDF)
- Carteret County Presentation (PDF)
- Hospital-Based Public Health Epidemiologist Program (PDF)
Back to top
A block of rooms is being held at the following hotels:
- Holiday Inn Wrightsville Beach - $158.00 with tax - held until May 6 (1-4 people)
- Mainstay Suites Wilmington - $69.00 plus tax - held until May 6 (double/single)
- Holiday Inn Wilmington - $80.00 plus tax - held until May 6 (double/single)
Mention the "Communicable Disease Conference" to get the special rate! You may not reserve rooms until after March 20, 2013.
Back to top